Brown Rice Pilaf
Parsley, almonds, and spices spruce up this brown rice dish.
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a rice cooker and cook until the water evaporates, about 30 minutes.
2. Fluff cooked rice with a fork.
This dish goes very well with fish and chicken. Add a large green salad to complete the meal. The dish may be made on the stovetop as well but may require more water.