This recipe can be made in minutes! Cauliflower and broccoli add crunch and fiber to this veggie filled pasta dish! If you have extra basil leftover from this recipe, it makes an excellent garnish!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 zucchini, small (sliced)
- 1 onion, small (diced)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons basil
- salt (1 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 pound package of pasta, any shape (cooked)
1. Put 1 cup of hot water in a saucepan.
2. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce, remaining cup of water, basil and salt.
4. Simmer until heated thoroughly.
5. Serve with cooked pasta.
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis