Melon and Mint
In the mood for a refreshing snack? The combination of mint and lime on this fruit makes it a refreshing treat.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 6 teaspoons packed brown sugar (2 Tablespoons)
- 3 cups watermelon cubes
- 3 cups honeydew cubes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Blend lime juice, mint leaves and brown sugar together in a small food processor.
- Place melon cubes in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over melon and toss gently.
- Try with other types of melon such as cantaloupe or crenshaw.
- Try omitting the brown sugar and adding crumbled feta cheese.
Learn more about:
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service