Eggs, tortillas, pepper, onion, and cheese are a tasty combination in this quick and easy recipe.
- 4 tortillas (large)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion
- 4 egg (lightly beaten)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
1. Wash hands and cooking area.
2. Tear tortillas into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a medium-sized pan.
4. Add tortillas and stir until pieces begin to brown.
5. Add peppers and onion; sauté until soft.
6. Add eggs; stir until the eggs are cooked.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle on the grated cheese.
8. Cover the pan and let cheese melt.
9. Serve immediately.
Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System, Expanded Nutrition Program