Overnight soaking cuts down on prep time in the morning, so you can enjoy a healthy and hearty, cooked breakfast, even after hitting the snooze button.
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries or apricots)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly chopped (or pecans)
1. Put all ingredients in a cooking pot and cover. Let sit overnight in refrigerator.
2. In the morning, put on a stove burner and cook on medium heat until simmering, then turn on low and heat for 10-15 minutes more or less depending on type of oats, quick (5 mins), regular, or steel cut.
3. Serve warm with a little milk (or milk alternative), a drizzle of maple syrup, and a side of fresh fruit, if desired.