This side dish is great for a big holiday meal or potluck. Try it with different veggies for a fun twist.
- 4 eggs (beaten lightly)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced squash (use zucchini or yellow squash)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 T chopped fresh parsley)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour into a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until bubbly and brown, in a 350°F oven.
- Serve in squares while warm.
- To freeze - Cool, and cut into squares. Freeze squares on a cookie sheet. when they are frozen, put into freezer bags. When ready to use, take out of the freezer bag, place in microwaveable covered container. Reheat in microwave at medium setting.
- Try 8 egg whites in place of whole egg for less cholesterol and fat.
- Add other thinly chopped fresh veggies into the mix - green or red sweet peppers, spinach, broccoli.
- Try using Better Baking Mix instead of biscuit mix.
Learn more about:
Connecticut Food Policy Council, Farm Fresh Summer Recipes.