Strawberry Banana Parfait
Enjoy the flavors of layered strawberries, crispy cereal flakes and creamy yogurt in this delicious parfait. Serve as a fruit-filled breakfast option or a better-for-you dessert!
- 1/2 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup bran and wheat flakes ready-to-eat cereal
- Stir banana and vanilla into yogurt and combine well.
- In a 10-12 ounce glass, alternately layer the yogurt-banana mixture, strawberries and cereal.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
The "Grain Chain," a group of MyPlate National Strategic Partners committed to promoting and supporting grains, offers a series of recipes featuring whole grains. Members include American Bakers Association, Wheat Food Council, Grains Food Foundation, National Pasta Association, USA Rice Federation, General Mills, and Kellogg's.