Catfish is breaded with cornmeal and baked in the oven for a healthier way to add flavor and crunch!
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning, no salt added
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound catfish fillets, frozen, thawed, drained
Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal and spices in a shallow dish.
- Dip each fillet in the cornmeal mixture. Coat evenly.
- Place fillets on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20–25 minutes flipping catfish halfway through. Catfish should reach a final internal cook temperature of 145 F as measured with a food thermometer before serving.
This recipe contains one or more ingredients considered to be traditional or indigenous to Native American communities in certain regions across North America.
Recipe adapted from Chickasaw Nation Nutrition Services, Get Fresh Initiative