Crunchy Chicken Salad
This main dish is a combination of chicken, vegetables, and fruit. Enjoy it as a cold salad or as the filling of a hearty sandwich or wrap.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chunked)
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup grapes, seedless
- 1 apple (small, diced, leave the peel on)
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 2 cups of chicken pieces.
- Chop the celery and green pepper into small pieces.
- Peel and chop 1/4 of an onion.
- Peel and chop half of a cucumber.
- Chop the apple into pieces. It’s okay to leave the peel on the apple.
- Cut the grapes in half.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network