Chicken Soup for the Soul
Green peas and carrots brighten up this traditional chicken soup!
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 1/2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed, or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice, macaroni, or small noodles
Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine celery, carrots, onions, peas, and chicken broth in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and reduce heat.
- Add rice, macaroni, or noodles.
- Simmer on low until rice, macaroni, or noodles are tender and flavors are mixed. Chicken should reach a final internal cook temperature of 165°F as measured with a food thermometer before serving.
Recipe adapted from First Nations Development Institute