This stir-fry is delicious for lunch or dinner. It is very quick to fix. It may also be served over spaghetti, rotini, and other macaroni products.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled, sliced thinly (or 1/2 can low-sodium carrots, about 8 ounces, drained)
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup onion, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 pound chicken, cooked, skin removed, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium (optional)
- 3 cups white rice, cooked (or brown rice)
- Heat a large pan with vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add vegetables and garlic to the hot pan. Stir until garlic is slightly brown. If using ginger, add that too.
- Add the chicken and sugar to the pan. If using soy sauce, add that too.
- Stir the food for about 1 minute in the pan.
- Serve with cooked rice.
A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations