Fruit Salad with Yogurt
This colorful salad combines sliced strawberries, pineapple chunks, and blueberries coated in pineapple juice. Serve topped with low-fat yogurt and slivered almonds for a treat that looks as good as it tastes.
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup blueberries (rinsed)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (canned, or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/8 cup almonds (sliced or slivered )
- Place fruit in a large bowl and mix with pineapple juice. Let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place 1 cup of fruit salad in a small bowl and top with ½ cup of yogurt.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of each fruit salad. Serve immediately.
Any 100% fruit juice can be used instead of pineapple juice.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion