Beets, Beans, and Greens
This salad is full of protein and nutrients thanks to its bright beets and cooked beans.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced cooked beets (can use canned or fresh)
- 1 head of lettuce (washed and torn into pieces)
- 2 cups cooked beans, rinsed (any kind)
- To make dressing, combine lemon juice, garlic, mustard, oil, salt and pepper (optional) in a large bowl.
- Place the sliced beets in a small bowl. Toss 1 tablespoon of the dressing with the beets to coat.
- Toss the greens and beans with the remaining dressing in the large bowl.
- Place onto plates and top with beets.
University of Maryland Cooperative Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program