Designed with kids in mind, this recipe puts a new spin on snack time. Try different vegetables or dried fruit for a different looking "butterfly."
- 3 celery stalks
- 12 twist pretzels (large, 3 ring)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Clean celery with vegetable brush under cool running water.
- Cut celery in half cross wise.
- Fill center of each celery stick with one tablespoon of peanut butter. This is the body of the butterfly
- Add two pretzels to form the butterfly’s wings.
- Use extra pretzel pieces for antenna and raisins for decoration.
Learn more about:
The Texas A&M University System
Texas Cooperative Extension Expanded Nutrition Program