Chicken and Beans
This simple one-pot dinner mixes kidney beans and chicken in a savory tomato sauce.
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounce)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion (medium)
- 5 chicken thighs (5-6 medium thighs)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Drain and rinse beans.
2. Crush garlic.
3. Dice onion.
4. Dice chicken thighs.
5. In large, pot, cook chicken until half done.
6. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
7. Simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
8. Add kidney beans and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Cooperative Extension, Lifeskills in Food Education, Food Skills Cookbook
Food Stamps Nutrition Education Program