Lighten up traditional cole slaw with yogurt and a splash of juice. Raisins and nuts add some sweetness and crunch.
- 1/4 head of cabbage (green)
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 tablespoon)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice and cut cabbage into thin strips. Place pieces in large mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate carrots. Add to mixing bowl.
- Measure raisins and peanuts. Add to mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Combine yogurt and orange juice in small bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture to cabbage mixture, stirring to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine 1/8 head each red and green cabbage.
- Add 2 tablespoons mini-marshmallows.
- Try a different flavor yogurt and juice.
Cooking Up Fun -- A Pyramid of Snacks
Cornell Cooperative Extension
Division of Nutritional Sciences