Gingery Quinoa with Green Beans
Fresh green beans work well when they’re in season. If they’re not, try frozen in this recipe that combines a whole grains and veggies into one satisfying and eye-catching dish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water or low-sodium broth
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Toast to quinoa in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Put quinoa in a medium pot and add water or broth.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer until all of the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender (10 to 20 minutes).
- Set aside and leave uncovered to cool.
- While quinoa is cooling, microwave the green beans until just tender.
- Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, olive oil or cooking oil, sesame oil, green beans, lemon juice, soy sauce, and fresh or ground ginger. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
Bronson Wellness Center
Bronson Healthcare - Michigan