Kale and Cranberry Stir-Fry
For this take on stir-fry, add some fun flavor to kale using onions, cranberries, and orange juice. The versatility of this dish can make it a hit at any meal!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped or 1/4 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups kale, chopped (leaf portion, no stems)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1/2 orange)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Add oil and onion to large skillet. Stir and sauté over medium-high heat (350 °F in an electric skillet) until onion is clear.
- Add cranberries and garlic. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add kale. Pour or squeeze orange juice over top of kale. Continue to stir fry for about 5 minutes until kale is wilting and hot.
- Serve immediately.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service