Kale Salad with Yogurt Dressing
This recipe redefines what a kale salad can be. By massaging the kale first, you break down the fibers leaving the greens tender and delicious!
- 4 cups kale (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, low-fat)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped or torn, stems included)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper (seeds removed and diced, optional)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Wash your hands.
- Wash and dry kale. Remove stems and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Season kale with salt, pepper, 1Tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- With your hands, massage kale until you can no longer feel resistance.
- Season yogurt with salt and pepper, lemon and lime zest and remaining 1Tablespoon of oil. Mix in cilantro and jalapeno pepper, if desired.
- With a spoon, mix massaged kale with yogurt dressing.
- Toss pumpkin seeds over salad.