Lentils and raisins are an surprising and delicious duo in these sweet and savory tacos. Green peppers add extra flavor and texture. Enjoy with a tossed salad on the side.
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils (sorted and rinsed)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- hot pepper flakes (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2/3 cup tomato paste, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook lentils in 3 cups water for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve with corn tortillas. Can also be served over rice or noodles.
Washington State WIC Program