One Pan Spaghetti
Perfect for a busy weeknight, this one pan spaghetti dish has grains, vegetables, meat, and dairy. Enjoy it with a side of fruit.
- 1 pound ground beef (lean)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can tomato sauce, low-sodium (15 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles (broken)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers with in 2 hours.
One Pan Spaghetti, Food Hero, Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service