Pasta Frittata with Peas
Perfect for any meal of the day, this easy and flavorful frittata is quick and easy to prepare.
- 4 ounces spaghetti (whole grain, regular or thin)
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 nutmeg (dash, optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 salt (1/8 teaspoon, optional, can omit salt and pass at the table)
- 2/3 cup cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup peas (frozen, thawed, or 1 cup chopped tomatoes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a 9-inch pie plate that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Combine eggs, seasonings, cheese and peas. Spread the egg mixture over the top of the spaghetti so the mixture covers the frittata and some of it sinks between the spaghetti strands.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let frittata stand 5 minutes before serving.
TOMATO VARIATION: Instead of mixing 1 cup of peas with the egg, seasonings, cheese mixture, sprinkle
the chopped tomatoes evenly over the top of the frittata before putting it in the oven.
Salt omitted from nutrition analysis.
Healthy Eating Recipes
University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension