Spinach and Meat Cakes
Enjoy these spinach and meat cakes over brown rice, and with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
- 1 pound ground beef, or turkey, 7% fat (93% lean)
- 16 ounces frozen spinach chopped (may substitute a 2 bunches of fresh spinach)
- 1/2 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups brown rice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat frying pan (no oil).
- Combine all ingredients except brown rice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 12 small balls. Place in frying pan and flatten into patties using a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides.
- Serve over brown rice.
California Health Department
Los Angeles County
Es Facil Campaign