Enjoy this gorgeous, bright, green pesto on your favorite protein food or pasta.
- 1 cup frozen peas (can also use fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. For the pesto, add peas, Parmesan cheese, basil, spinach, walnuts and garlic into a food processor or blender.
2. Add in water, oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the ingredients are combined to form a thick sauce.
3. Place pesto in an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed.
Cooking Matters Colorado.