This apple crisp is a delicious dessert and a great way to enjoy fall's bounty from the orchard.
- 4 apples (medium)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the square pan.
- Remove the cores from the apples. Slice the apples. Spread the sliced apples on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the margarine into small pieces and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using two knives, cut the margarine into the mixture until it looks like small crumbs.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the apples.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
For different tastes, try other fruits like cherries, pears, peaches, or plums.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network