This apple crisp is a delicious dessert and a great way to enjoy fall's bounty from the orchard.
- 4 apples (medium)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal (quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of the square pan.
3. Remove the cores from the apples. Slice the apples. Spread the sliced apples on the bottom of the pan.
4. Cut the margarine into small pieces and put in a medium-sized bowl.
5. Add the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Using two knives, cut the margarine into the mixture until it looks like small crumbs.
7. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the apples.
8. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
For different tastes, try other fruits like cherries, pears, peaches, or plums. Learn more about apples.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network