Slow Cooker Beans
These tangy beans cook in a slow-cooker. Serve this dish at your next potluck dinner.
- 1 pound pinto beans (16 ounce dried, rinsed)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- 2 hot sauce (2 dashes or to taste)
1. Mix beans, water, onion and chili powder in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until tender. Drain.
3. Stir in barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and pepper sauce.
4. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until hot through.
Learn more about onions.
Montana State University Extension Service