These speedy potato and egg burritos are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy them with your favorite fruit on the side.
- 4 cups potatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red or green, chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or finely chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cheddar cheese (1/2 cup grated, optional)
- hot sauce (as needed, or salsa)
- 9 tortillas (flour or corn)
1. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high setting.
2. Add onion, green pepper, potatoes, and garlic. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Raw potatoes may need longer; check if done with a fork.
3. Reduce heat to medium setting, spread potato mix out to the sides of the skillet, leaving a space in the middle for the eggs. Add the eggs and scramble them until cooked (do not mix potatoes until eggs are cooked firm). Stir all ingredients together.
4. Wrap tortillas around the filling and top with salsa and cheese.
Washington State University, Eat Better, Eat Together