Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
Enjoy the taste of fall with the combination of sweet potatoes and apples in this delicious side dish. Serve with roasted chicken or turkey, and a large green salad.
- 3 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, drained (save 2 Tablespoons of the liquid)
- 2 cups apples (peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces )
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar (2 Tablespoons, packed)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or any other type)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (unsalted)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put sweet potatoes in baking dish.
- Add apples.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of the sweet potato liquid over the mixture.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, flour, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato/apple mix.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis