Pink Party Salad
Pretty in pink! Enjoy this colorful and flavorful salad at a picnic or cookout with family and friends.
- 4 potatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 3 cups beets, cooked (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup peas, green, fresh or frozen
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Boil the potatoes in 2 cups of water in a deep kettle. Cover and cook over moderate heat for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
2. When thoroughly cool, dice potatoes and place in a big bowl.
3. Add diced beets and mix with the potatoes.
4. Set aside 1/4 cup of peas for garnishing and add the rest to the bowl.
5. Save 1 egg to use as a garnish. Chop the rest and add to the bowl.
6. Peel the skin off the apple and remove the core. Cut the apple into small pieces, place in a small bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add apple to the salad.
7. Add the vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
8. Mix thoroughly. Chill and serve.
University of Connecticut, Cooperative Extension, From the Farm to the Table, p.8
Hispanic Health Council