Tuna Melt Burger
Delicious and easy, this tuna melt makes a yummy lunch or dinner. Each sandwich bakes in it's own foil package, so there's an added bonus of easy cleanup.
- 1 can tuna (6 ounce)
- 2 celery (medium stalks, chopped)
- 1/2 cup processed American cheese (low sodium, diced)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 whole wheat bread (slices)
1. Wash hands and cooking area.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork.
4. Wash and chop the celery and dice the cheese.
5. Mix tuna, celery, cheese, light mayonnaise, dried onion, salt, and pepper into a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
6. Spread tuna mixture on six of the pieces of whole wheat bread and place a single slice of bread on top of each (you will make a total of 6 sandwiches).
7. Put each sandwich on a square of aluminum foil, then wrap the foil around sandwiches, folding edges securely
8. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.