Tuna Melt Burger
Delicious and easy, this tuna melt makes a yummy lunch or dinner. Each sandwich bakes in it's own foil package, so there's an added bonus of easy cleanup.
- 1 can tuna (6 ounce)
- 2 celery (medium stalks, chopped)
- 1/2 cup processed American cheese (low sodium, diced)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 whole wheat bread (slices)
1. Wash hands and cooking area.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork.
4. Wash and chop the celery and dice the cheese.
5. Mix tuna, celery, cheese, light mayonnaise, dried onion, salt, and pepper into a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
6. Spread tuna mixture on six of the pieces of whole wheat bread and place a single slice of bread on top of each (you will make a total of 6 sandwiches).
7. Put each sandwich on a square of aluminum foil, then wrap the foil around sandwiches, folding edges securely
8. Bake about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
Texas Cooperative Extension Expanded Nutrition Program
The Texas A&M University System