Get your servings of fruits and veggies in one dish! This salad is sweet and tangy with a yogurt and orange juice dressing. Serve it as a side salad to complement another entree, or have it alone for a healthy snack option!
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup green beans
- 1 cup canned pears, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Put salad greens, chopped vegetables, pears, nuts and raisins in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, yogurt, and orange juice to prepare dressing.
- Stir dressing into salad mix. Serve.
Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion