5 A Day Salad
This nutrient-packed salad uses ten different vegetables, and each serving is equal to five cups of vegetables!
- 4 cups spinach (fresh)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups green pepper (chopped, or use red, yellow, or orange)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 2 cups carrot (chopped)
- 1 cup zucchini (sliced)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash all of the vegetables and mix them together in a large mixing bowl.
- Top this colorful meal with the nonfat or low-fat dressing of your choice.
US Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
5 A Day for Better Health Program