Spicy Oven-Baked Chicken
Chicken thighs coated in hot sauce, mustard, thyme and garlic are oven baked for a tender and simple chicken dish.
- 8 large chicken thighs (trimmed of excess fat)
- 6 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Put chicken, hot sauce, mustard, thyme and garlic in the bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Put the chicken on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake about 50 minutes until crispy and crackling. Serve right away.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion