Fruity Homemade Oatmeal
Start your day off right with a warm bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal, a dish that is perfect for a chilly morning at home.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins or currants
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the apple.
2. Cut the core out of the apple. Chop the apple into small pieces.
3. Put the water in the saucepan.
4. Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
5. Stir in oatmeal, raisins, chopped apple, and cinnamon.
6. Turn heat to low.
7. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
To get more fiber, leave the skin on the apple.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Recetas del Sitio Web