Fruity Homemade Oatmeal
Start your day off right with a warm bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal, a dish that is perfect for a chilly morning at home.
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins or currants
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the apple.
- Cut the core out of the apple. Chop the apple into small pieces.
- Put the water in the saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
- Stir in oatmeal, raisins, chopped apple, and cinnamon.
- Turn heat to low.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
To get more fiber, leave the skin on the apple.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network