Low Fat Ranch Dip
A blender transforms canned beans, herbs, and spices into this delectable ranch style dip!
- 1 can great northern beans (15 ounce, rinsed and drained, low sodium)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Blend the beans and garlic in a blender, adding enough water for the desired consistency.
2. Blend for 2 minutes to make it silky smooth.
3. Use a spatula to scrape the mixture into a medium bowl.
4. Stir in the yogurt, cayenne, chives, parsley, and tarragon, salt and lemon juice. Serve in a bowl.
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
5 A Day for Better Health Program