Broccoli Baked Potatoes
Use those broccoli stalks in this dish instead of throwing them away. This makes a delicious side, a hearty snack, or a light meal.
- 6 potatoes, medium
- 3 broccoli stalks
- 1/4 cup milk, 1%
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat shredded
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Scrub potatoes. Prick the skin with a fork in several places.
3. Baked at 350°F for 30-60 minutes, until soft, depending on size.
4. Peel broccoli stems. Steam broccoli just until tender and chop into small pieces.
5. Slices the potatoes in half. Scoop the insides into a bowl with the broccoli. Add milk, 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Mash together until the mixture is pale green with dark green flecks.
6. Put the potato mixture into the potato skins and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Microwave to heat through.
University of Maryland Extension.
Eat Smart. Be Fit. Recetas.