Cheesy Swiss Steak
This crock pot recipe can be cooked for 8-10 hours on the low setting or for 4-5 hours on the high setting.
- 2 pounds beef round roast (1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup American cheese, shredded
1. Cut the beef roast into 4 pieces.
2. In a small bowl, mix the flour and salt.
3. Dip each piece of meat into the mix of flour and salt. Coat it on all sides with the mix.
4. Put the meat in the crock pot.
5. Add the chopped carrots and onion.
6. Add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, OR on high for 4-5 hours.
8. Just before serving, sprinkle the cheese on top.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network