Cheesy Swiss Steak
This crock pot recipe can be cooked for 8-10 hours on the low setting, or for 4-5 hours on the high setting.
- 2 pounds beef round roast (1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup American cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut the beef roast into 4 pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Dip each piece of meat into the mix of flour and salt. Coat it on all sides with the mix.
- Put the meat in the crock pot.
- Add the chopped carrots and onion.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, OR on high for 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cheese on top.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network