This easy recipe features chicken cooked in a tomato base. It’s a classic favorite that is easy to make and full of flavor!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken pieces, skin removed (thighs, breasts, or legs)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put the chopped onion in a saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Wash the chicken inside and out with clean water. Remove the skin.
- Add the chicken to the sauce pan.
- Cover the pan.
- Cook over low heat for about 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network