This easy recipe features chicken cooked in a tomato base. It’s a classic favorite that is easy to make and full of flavor!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken pieces, skin removed (thighs, breasts, or legs)
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Put the chopped onion in a saucepan.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper.
4. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
5. Wash the chicken inside and out with clean water. Remove the skin.
6. Add the chicken to the sauce pan.
7. Cover the pan.
8. Cook over low heat for about 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network