Baked Parmesan Fish
This parmesan-crusted fish is topped with mushrooms, onions, green onions, and garlic. It's the perfect heart-healthy meal to cook for a loved one.
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, non-fat (grated)
- 1/3 tablespoon flour, all-purpose (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon thyme sprigs (leaves removed and crushed)
- 4 fish fillets (white fish, 6 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup halved mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup green onions (finely sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place cheese, flour, and thyme in paper bag.
- Individually coat fish by gently shaking in bag; discard coating ingredients.
- Place fillets in baking pan on rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Season with ground black pepper.
- Serve baked fish topped with mushroom mixture.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education