Chicken is added to this traditional vegetable dish of tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant for a hearty and satisfying meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breast (medium, halved, skinned, fat removed, boned, and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 zucchini (7 inches long, unpeeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 eggplant (small, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1 green pepper (medium, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 pound mushroom (fresh, sliced)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 oz, whole, cut up)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil (dried, crushed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, minced)
- black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add chicken and sauté about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
2. Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and pepper; stir and continue cooking about 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
US Department of Health and Human Services, A Healthier You