This red and golden whole grain dessert is a perfect balance of sweet apples and tart cranberries.
- 4 apple (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 can cranberry sauce (14 ounce, whole)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (soft, melted)
- 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Wash apples, remove cores and slice thinly, keeping peel on.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries and apples. Pour into an 8x8 inch pan.
- Combine melted margarine with oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Sprinkle over apple/cranberry mixture.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes until the topping is crisp and brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Learn more about:
Pumpkin Post and Banana Beat Newsletters
University of Massachusetts Extension
Nutrition Education Program