Curried Chickpea Salad
This dish can be served on whole wheat bread, on a bed of lettuce, or as a dip with your favorite veggies!
- 2 cans chickpeas, low-sodium, rinsed and drained (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- salt (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher. You can mash them to be as smooth or coarse as you desire.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
Penn State Extension
Nutrition Links Program