This compote has a thick and sweet sauce that is mixed with fruit for a delicious dessert.
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (8 ounce can, juice packed)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 banana (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 1 pear (sliced in cubes)
- 2 peaches (sliced in cubes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain the juice from the canned pineapple into a small saucepan.
- Stir in orange juice and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let the juice mix cool to room temperature.
- While the juice mix is cooling, peel and slice the banana. Wash the pear and peaches and cut them into cubes.
- Pour the cooled juice mix into a large bowl. Add the pieces of pineapple, banana, pear, and peaches. Stir together.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network