A salsa that is different from what you may usually have, this fruit recipe can be a great way to help older kids and teens learn safe knife skills in the kitchen.
- 1 cup strawberries (diced)
- 1 banana (diced)
- 1 kiwifruit (peeled and diced)
- 1 apple (cored and diced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine fruits in a medium mixing bowl and add lemon juice.
- Stir in sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Kids a Cookin’
Kansas Family Nutrition Program