Italian Style Vegetables
Enjoy this fresh and flavorful dish during the summer when the zucchini, green beans, fresh tomatoes, and corn are all at their peak flavor and freshness. This side dish is quick and easy to prepare and delicious to enjoy!
- 2 zucchini (small, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 pound green beans (snapped into pieces)
- 1/2 cabbage (small, sliced thin or shredded)
- 2 cups corn kernels (or combination of favorite vegetables)
- garlic (1 clove, minced, optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dry)
- Wash and trim vegetables. Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch pieces; snap beans into pieces; thinly slice or shred cabbage.
- Heat oil in frying pan; cook onion over medium heat until soft.
- Add vegetables and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add chopped tomatoes at the last minute of cooking. Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service, Pictoral Recipes