A crunchy chip that you can customize to your liking! Make sure kale is washed and thoroughly dried to ensure kale chips are crispy and not soggy.
- 1 cup kale (or chard, spinach, or collards)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Wash and dry kale. With a knife or kitchen scissors, carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Place kale pieces on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale and then sprinkle with seasonings of choice.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until kale is crisp and edges are brown but not burned.
Seasoning suggestions: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, turmeric, and Parmesan cheese.
Learn more about:
Del Norte (California) Department of Health and Human Services
and University of Kentucky Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)