Mini Caprese Bites
These fun bite-size snacks are a great way to use basil and tomatoes from a SNAP-Ed garden. They can also help kids learn to like veggies.
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cheese stick, part-skim
- 8 fresh basil (leaves)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- Slice string cheese into 4 equal parts.
- On a toothpick, skewer one cherry tomato, 2 basil leaves, and 1 piece string cheese.
- Drizzle finished kebabs evenly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.