Leaf Finger Salad
Light and flavorful, this salad is easily doubled for entertaining or for introducing children to new vegetables! Bright and colorful beets, with crunchy carrots, cucumbers, and sunflower seeds are an easy make this salad an easy appetizer or side dish.
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves (large)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 beet (shredded)
- 1 carrot, medium (shredded)
- 6 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. Lay lettuce leaves on a flat surface. Top each leaf with all ingredients: cucumbers, carrots, beets, and sunflower seeds.
2. Drizzle each leaf with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3. Slowly roll the leaf with all ingredients.
University of California at Davis
Children's Garden Program