Louisiana Green Beans
Jazz up canned green beans with peppers, onions, and tomatoes!
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 cans green beans, low-sodium (14.5 ounces each, drained)
- 1 can tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Chop the green pepper and celery.
- Drain the liquid from the green beans. Rinse with water.
- Put the green beans in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover them
- Cook the green beans on low heat until tender. Then drain off the water.
- Combine all the ingredients in a skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the celery is tender and the food is hot.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network