Low-Fat Tartar Sauce
A cost-effective alternative to store-bought tartar sauce. Use this sauce with your favorite seafood at home and it will not disappoint.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (or low-fat sour cream)
- 1/16 cup (1 tablespoon) pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried minced onion)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until used.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service